Monday 24 March 2014

L - O - N - D - O - N

Hi there,
how is going?

Hope you had a very nice and relaxing weekend.

Another week is started, today I got 2 postcards: one from Japan and the other one from Oklahoma :)

Well, I want to talk about a city that I would definitely visit but, I know that I'm really very counterflow, it doesn't inspire me much. I don't know why, maybe the weather, maybe because my favourite number is 13 and they hate it :D

So, this city is London, not so hard to imagine due to the title of the post :) and a quote says: "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life, for there is in London all that life can afford!"





That's a very nice card from Lilach! 
There are represented all the particularities of London in one card: Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, London bus, London phone box, Tower bridge,...

My friend is doing an internship in London and I really want to go there but I need to figure out with all of my schedules. She will be there till June.

You know that when I think of London I always think of the Disney cartoon "101 Dalmatians"? :D Love that cartoon, it's one of my favourite :)
Instead, a normal thing that comes to mind is tea, I love it! 
Sting, in his song "Englishman in New York" says: "I don't drink coffee, I take tea, my dear." How can it be otherwise for a nation that drinks 48 billion cups of tea every year? :)

Well, these are just some curiosities about London:
  • The typical dish of London is not the roast beef, much less the classic breakfast with bacon and eggs. It is not the hot dog, more German than English, much less curry, that it is indian but also nominated pure english. The English dish is the "Fish & Chips", all strictly fried.
  • The subway, taken every day by millions of people, has more than 140 years and its extensive range has found itself in the path of ancient sites and historic parts of the city, perhaps disturbing the sleep of many. Inside it, a series of mysterious phenomena sometimes and the British media have repeatedly stated that each station has at least one ghost. In Farringdon Tube, for example, there is the gost of a 13 year old girl who was working as an hatter and who apparently was murdered by his superior close this station where, under the influence of strong currents, it seems you still feel the tears of this girl. 
  • Do you know the mystery of the stone of London? It is a mystery still unsolved and tied to a large stone locked in a small cage at the edge of the sidewalk of Cannon Street. The stone has ancient origins and researchers and scientists still don't know the exact age and origin of this large stone. A legend says that at the fate of the stone is tied the fate of London.

Hope you will enjoy this post.


Take care,
Giuly :)


6 comments:

  1. And do you know who brought the tea and the tradition of the afternoon tea? A portuguese queen, Catarina de Bragança :D
    I wish to visit London someday, maybe next year!
    Big hugs,
    Andreia :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D You can be proud :D
      Have a nice day!
      :*

      Delete
  2. Giuli thanks for quoting me :D I'll definitely try the fish and chips!! Looking forward to see you soon in London,
    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Giuliana,
    Greetings from Canada! your blog website is very nice!
    I have a similar postcard but from Toronto :)
    I'd be nice to start a collection of them :p
    Ciao!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Katie :) thank you for your comment! Oh, nice but I've never seen cards like that in Milan.
      I miss Canada, I was in Vancouver few months ago!

      Best,
      Giuliana

      Delete